Early Deficit Dooms Dogs, 11-4
Sioux Falls, S.D. — After smashing nine home runs in a span of two games early this week, the Chicago Dogs went homer-less for the third consecutive game, losing to the Sioux Falls Canaries, 11-4, on Saturday night.
Red-hot Canaries outfielder Logan Landon piled up four hits, powering Sioux Falls to eight runs through the first four innings en route to a commanding win. With the loss, the Dogs are officially eliminated from playoff contention.
Winning Pitcher: LHP Ty Culbreth
Losing Pitcher: RHP Eddie Butler
Star of the Game: C Logan Moore. Moore reached three times and scored twice for the Dogs. The Chicago catcher ripped a single and double while drawing his third walk of the weekend.
- Who? Chicago Dogs vs. Sioux Falls Canaries, Game Three
- Where? Sioux Falls Stadium, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- When? Sunday, 5:05 p.m. CDT
- Pitching matchup? TBA (Chicago) vs. RHP Tanner Anderson (Sioux Falls)
- Broadcast: bit.ly/chidogsradio
Extra Bite: First baseman K.C. Hobson pitched the eighth inning, registering his third outing on the mound this season. Hobson once was a highly-touted pitching prospect at Stockdale High School in California.
by Sam Brief, Chicago Dogs