Affiliation: Pittsburgh Pirates
Manager: Brian Esposito
Home Park: Victory Field
Latest Indianapolis Indians News
- Pittsburgh's Top Prospect Mitch Keller Makes Pair of Spring Training Starts February 27, 2020After breaking through to the big leagues in 2019, former Tribe ace Mitch Keller earned the call for Pittsburgh's spring training opener against Minnesota.
- Returning Faces Highlight Indy's Probable Rotation February 25, 2020Baseball is back in Bradenton, Fla. with the Pittsburgh Pirates taking the field for their first spring training games over the weekend. As players compete for spots with the big-league club, we looked at the potential arms that could be in Indianapolis' starting rotation come April 9.
- Tribe's 2020 Home Opener Six Weeks Away February 24, 2020While the cold weather suggests otherwise, the start of baseball season in downtown Indianapolis is rounding third base and headed for home. Highlights on the Tribe's 70-game schedule include home games on Easter, Mother's Day and Independence Day, three Prospects Nights, five Bark in the Park games, Top Gun Night, an appearance by the ZOOperstars! […]
- Indianapolis Indians & Yuengling Begin Naming Rights Partnership for "Yuengling Landing" February 19, 2020The Indianapolis Indians and D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc., America's Oldest Brewery®, today announced a multi-year partnership that positions the Pennsylvania-based brewing company as the naming rights partner for Victory Field's premier seating bar space located in the left field corner. The social gathering space will be named "Yuengling Landing" and offers a view unlike […]
- Tribe Announce 2020 Intern Class February 3, 2020The Indianapolis Indians today announced the hiring of 16 seasonal assistants for the 2020 campaign. Former Tribe interns have earned full-time positions with many professional franchises, including the Boston Bruins, Chicago Cubs, Cincinnati Reds, Detroit Tigers, Indiana Pacers, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Learfield IMG College, Los Angeles Rams, Oakland Athletics and Tennessee Titans, among others. Indy's […]
- International League Names Former Tribe OF Chad Mottola to Hall of Fame January 28, 2020Today the International League named former Indianapolis Indian Chad Mottola as a member of the IL Hall of Fame Class of 2020. Two others join Mottola in this year's enshrinement: Chipper Jones, the 1993 IL Rookie of the Year and a National Baseball Hall of Famer, and Johnny Neun, an IL All-Star first baseman and […]
- Indianapolis Indians Announce Multiyear Partnership with WISH-TV/MyINDY-TV 23 January 27, 2020Indianapolis Indians games are scheduled to return to local television as the Tribe and WISH-TV have partnered on a two-year deal in which 70 Indians home games - 35 each for the 2020 and 2021 seasons - will be broadcast on MyINDY-TV 23. The agreement begins with the Tribe's 2020 season opener, set for Thursday, […]
- Tribe Front Office Volunteers with Sand Creek Fourth Graders January 24, 2020Today the Indianapolis Indians spent the day with the fourth graders of Sand Creek Elementary School. The Tribe front office volunteered their time teaching Junior Achievement's JA In A Day curriculum on owning and operating a business.
- Indianapolis Indians to Hold Open Interviews at Victory Field on Saturday, Feb. 8 January 23, 2020In preparation for the 2020 season, the Indianapolis Indians today announced that the organization and its concessionaire Aramark will host open interviews at Victory Field on Saturday, Feb. 8. The open interviews will run from 10 AM to 2 PM, with the Indians and Aramark looking to fill many game day and seasonal positions for […]
- Brian Esposito Returns for Third Season as Tribe Manager January 23, 2020The Pittsburgh Pirates announced today that Brian Esposito will return to the Circle City for his third season as manager of the Indianapolis Indians in 2020. He will be joined by a new coaching staff, including hitting coach Jon Nunnally, pitching coach Joel Hanrahan and coach Argenis Diaz. Alan Burr returns as strength and conditioning […]
- Former Tribe Outfielder Larry Walker Elected into National Baseball Hall of Fame January 21, 2020The Baseball Writers Association of America announced today that former Indianapolis Indian Larry Walker will be inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame as part of its 2020 class. He is the 12th former Tribe player or manager elected and the first since Randy Johnson in 2015.
- Five Reasons Larry Walker Deserves Hall of Fame Recognition January 10, 2020Before he was known as a five-time All-Star, seven-time Gold Glove winner, three-time Silver Slugger winner and the 1997 NL MVP, Larry Walker was an Indianapolis Indian.
- The 2010s: Selecting the Tribe's All-Decade Team December 20, 2019The Indianapolis Indians finished the 2010s with three outright division titles, four Governors' Cup playoff appearances and an appearance in the 2015 Governors' Cup Championship Series. The Tribe compiled a regular season record of 760-670 in the 2010s - good for a .532 winning percentage - second to only the 1990s, when Indy posted a […]
- Keller, Hayes Headline Five Indians Named as Pirates Organization All-Stars December 2, 2019The top performers of the Pittsburgh Pirates farm system were announced today by MiLB.com as part of the site's annual organization all-star awards. Of the 13 players recognized, five suited up for the Indianapolis Indians in 2019.
- Offseason Update No. 1: A New Regime in Pittsburgh November 27, 2019With the 2019 season in the rearview mirror, the Pittsburgh Pirates set their sights on turning the page to a new decade with a new regime in place. On the last day of the regular season, the Pirates parted ways with manager Clint Hurdle and over the first six weeks of the offseason, cut ties […]
- Indians to Offer Employee Donation Match Program November 27, 2019In honor of Giving Tuesday, the Indianapolis Indians have announced a new Employee Donation Match Program.
- Best Games at Victory Field, No. 1: Craig's Homer Walks Off Columbus November 22, 2019Nearly three years passed between walk-off home runs for the Indianapolis Indians, but it was well worth the wait. On July 30 against Columbus, Will Craig turned on a first-pitch fastball in the bottom of the ninth, sending it over the left field wall to give the Tribe a dramatic 3-2 win. The walk-off blast […]
- Best Games at Victory Field, No. 2: Indians Stun IronPigs in Extras, 8-7 November 20, 2019Indy's largest comeback win of the season came on August 18 against Lehigh Valley at Victory Field. The Tribe faced a 7-2 deficit entering the bottom of the ninth, but Ke'Bryan Hayes hit a game-tying, three-run shot during the five-run frame, and Christian Kelley ripped a walk-off single in the 10th to send Indy to […]
- Best Games at Victory Field, No. 3: Wood's Single Sends Indy to Extra-Inning Win November 18, 2019Indy capped its longest homestand of the season - a 10-game stretch from April 11-21 - with an extra-inning, walk-off win over Louisville. The game was scoreless through nine innings, but a game-tying triple by Trayvon Robinson in the 10th frame and a single by Eric Wood in the 11th provided late drama in a […]
- Best Games at Victory Field, No. 4: Indy Tops Charlotte, 9-7 November 15, 2019The Tribe's third home game of the 2019 season saw the Indians dig out of a 3-0 hole to take a 7-4 lead, then give up three runs in the seventh before prevailing, 9-7. Indy's comeback was generated by 16 hits and five errors committed by Charlotte.