Affiliation: Chicago Cubs
Manager: Marty Pevey
Home Park: Principal Park
- Open Letter to Fans, April 14 April 14, 2020
- Iowa Cubs 2020 Spring Open House Cancelled March 10, 2020
- Iowa Cubs Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule February 28, 2020DES MOINES, IA - The Iowa Cubs will embark on their 52nd season of baseball in Des Moines, and with it comes another packed calendar of family fun at Principal Park. The 2020 Promotional Schedule features 10 firework dates, three specialty jerseys, several theme nights, and giveaways.
- Iowa Cubs Add Fan Safety Measure February 27, 2020DES MOINES, IA - The Iowa Cubs have completed construction on protective netting running nearly the length of each foul line as an effort to increase fan safety at Principal Park.
- Iowa Cubs Now Accepting National Anthem Auditions for 2020 February 21, 2020The Iowa Cubs are now accepting auditions to perform the National Anthem before a home game in 2020.
- Iowa Cubs Single Game Tickets on Sale March 1 February 17, 2020Iowa Cubs single game tickets for the 2020 season will be on sale on Sunday, March 1 at 8:30 a.m. online. The Principal Park ticket office will open at 8:30 a.m. Monday, March 2 for fans to purchase tickets in-person or over the phone.
- Davis, Hultzen and Carasiti Ink New Deals January 27, 2020Are you wondering where your favorite 2019 I-Cubs have landed this offseason? Here is the latest:
- Iowa Cubs 2020 Field Staff Announced January 14, 2020Marty Pevey will return at the helm of the Iowa Cubs for his eighth consecutive season, the Chicago Cubs announced today. Pevey is the longest tenured manager in Iowa's history and has a franchise record 479 regular season wins.
- Former I-Cub Barney Named Nashville Sounds Manager January 10, 2020Former Iowa Cub Darwin Barney has been named the 2020 manager of the Nashville Sounds, a Texas Rangers affiliate. The infielder transitions to the dugout after playing 11 professional seasons, including parts of eight major league campaigns.
- 2019 I-Cubs Pick Up New Threads January 6, 2020
- Two I-Cubs Protected from Rule-5 Draft November 21, 2019The stove is heating up as the deadline to protect players from the Rule-5 Draft created a tidal wave of offseason transactions. Wednesday, the Chicago Cubs selected four contracts, including infielder Zack Short and right-hander Tyson Miller from Iowa.
- Garcia Tabbed MiLB Breakout Prospect of the Year November 6, 2019Fan ballots are in and today, infielder Robel Garcia was named Minor League Baseball's co-Breakout Prospect of the Year. Cardinals' farmhand Dylan Carlson was also honored as the MiLB staff choice.
- Cohen, the Voice of the I-Cubs, to Call Premier 12 Tournament October 30, 2019Following his second season behind the mic with the I-Cub and his 10th calling professional baseball games, Alex Cohen has been selected as one of the play-by-play broadcasters for the Premier 12 Tournament beginning on Saturday, Nov. 2. The tournament, comprised of teams from 12 countries, is the first qualifying event for the 2020 Tokyo […]
- Minch Tabbed Fall Star October 10, 2019Twenty-nineteen Iowa Cub Jordan Minch was selected to play in the Arizona Fall League Fall Stars Game. The 26-year-old joins catcher Miguel Amaya - the baseball's 90th-best prospect according to MLB.com - as Cubs' farmhands to make the East roster.
- 2019 Season Review September 10, 2019
- Iowa Wraps 2019 Season With Loss in Semifinals September 8, 2019DES MOINES, IA - The Iowa Cubs' (2-3) season concluded with a 10-5 loss to the Round Rock Express (3-2) in the PCL Semifinals, Sunday at Principal Park. One run decided four of five games of the series, while three went to extra innings.
- Iowa Wins in Extras, Forces Game Five September 8, 2019DES MOINES, IA - The Iowa Cubs (2-2) beat the Round Rock Express (2-2) by a final score of 5-4 in 11 innings, Saturday at Principal Park. Game 5 of the PCL Semifinals will be at 12:38 p.m., Sunday at Principal Park.
- Hutlzen Selected by Chicago September 7, 2019Left-hander Danny Hultzen was selected by the Chicago Cubs, the organization announced today. To make room on the 40-man roster, catcher Taylor Davis was designated for assignment.
- Iowa Stays Alive With 3-2 Win September 7, 2019ROUND ROCK, TX - The Iowa Cubs (1-2) scored early and held the edge as they topped the Round Rock Express (2-1) 3-2, Friday at Principal Park. Game 4 of the PCL Semifinals will be at 7:08 p.m., Saturday at Principal Park.
- Round Rock Completes Comeback, Downs Iowa September 6, 2019ROUND ROCK, TX - The Iowa Cubs (0-2) led through six, but couldn't hold on as the Round Rock Express (2-0) executed its second-consecutive walk-off victory in extra innings. The Express worked a 4-3 win in 10.