Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
Affiliation: Miami Marlins
Manager: Kevin Randel
Home Park: Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville
- Minor League Baseball Taps STOUFFER'S® as Official Partner February 24, 2020
- "CRUSHstacean Nation" wins Jumbo Shrimp fan-designed T-shirt contest February 19, 2020Crustacean Nation's votes have decided the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp's annual fan-designed T-shirt contest, selecting a blueprint with the slogan "CRUSHstacean Nation" that was submitted by Stephen Spratley of Fleming Island, Fla. Spratley's design will be on the shirts given away to the first 2,000 fans courtesy of 121 Financial Credit Union and Atlantic Self Storage […]
- Jumbo Shrimp's "Frozen 2" Family Movie Night set for March 21 February 14, 2020The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp's next Family Movie Night is scheduled for Saturday, March 21 at The Home of the Jumbo Shrimp. The club will show a screening of "Frozen 2" at 6 p.m. on the high-definition video board, with admission costing just $1 per person at the gate.
- Raines Vikings win inaugural High School Heritage Classic February 13, 2020The Raines High School Vikings beat the Ribault High School Trojans 8-4 on Thursday to win the inaugural High School Heritage Classic presented by Rubenstein Law Firm, taking the A. Philip Randolph Cup in the exhibition contest at The Home of the Jumbo Shrimp.
- Jumbo Shrimp to hold food & beverage job fairs Feb. 15 & 19 February 11, 2020With the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp's 2020 season of Affordable Family Fun on the horizon, the club has set two job fairs in February for 2020 seasonal food and beverage positions at The Home of the Jumbo Shrimp.
- Jumbo Shrimp open registration for February 20 National Anthem auditions February 3, 2020As the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp prepare to open their schedule of 70 home games on April 15, the club is inviting the talent of Northeast Florida to audition to perform the National Anthem before a Jumbo Shrimp home game this season. Individuals and groups can now register for the February 20 National Anthem auditions, to […]
- Jumbo Shrimp kick off Negro Leagues Centennial Celebration with High School Heritage Classic February 3, 2020As part of the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp's salute to Black History Month and the Negro Leagues' Centennial Celebration, the club is hosting the inaugural High School Heritage Classic exhibition game presented by Rubenstein Law Firm at 11:05 a.m. on Thursday, February 13 between historic Duval County Public Schools rivals William M. Raines High School and […]
- Jacksonville welcomes back Randel as skipper January 29, 2020In conjunction with the Miami Marlins, the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp have announced their on-field staff for the 2020 season. Kevin Randel returns as Jacksonville's manager for the second straight season. The Jumbo Shrimp's staff also features holdovers Bruce Walton (pitching coach) and Jose Ceballos (defensive coach). Scott Seabol will take over as the club's hitting […]
- Valentine's Day Sweetheart Surprise features deliveries by Southpaw, Scampi January 27, 2020ake this Valentine's Day a memorable one by surprising your sweetheart with roses from Arlington Flower Shop and ticket vouchers for the 2020 season, all delivered by a Jumbo Shrimp mascot. On February 14, Southpaw and Scampi will personally share the love of Valentine's Day and the upcoming baseball season.
- Baseball Grounds to become 121 Financial Ballpark January 22, 2020Jacksonville's longest tenured professional sports franchise has entered into an agreement to play in a stadium bearing the name of one of Jacksonville's longest continually-operating credit unions. The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp and 121 Financial Credit Union (pronounced "One to One") have agreed to terms on a long-term naming rights agreement for the ballpark, pending Jacksonville […]
- Jacksonville alum Walker earns election to Baseball Hall of Fame January 21, 2020Former Jacksonville Expos outfielder Larry Walker was elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame on Tuesday, earning 76.6 percent of the 397 ballots cast by voters from the Baseball Writers' Association of America. He joins former New York Yankees shortstop and current Miami Marlins Chief Executive Office Derek Jeter, former St. Louis Cardinals, Milwaukee Brewers […]
- Students can win ceremonial first pitch in Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. essay contest January 17, 2020With Black History Month upcoming, the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp are asking students what Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech means to them. The club's essay contest will reward the winning students with free tickets for their entire class to attend a Jumbo Shrimp regular season game at the Baseball Grounds of […]
- Jumbo Shrimp reveal 2020 home game times January 14, 2020Crustacean Nation can begin the countdown to more Affordable Family Fun at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville precisely to the minute for the 2020 season, as the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp announced starting times for their 70 home games. The home opener for the Miami Marlins' Double-A affiliate begins at 7:05 p.m. on Wednesday, April 15, […]
- Fans can design Jumbo Shrimp T-shirt giveaway January 9, 2020Crustacean Nation can help create a Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp T-shirt for the upcoming 2020 season. The club's contest and fan vote will determine the winning design to be printed on white T-shirts as the free giveaway, courtesy of 121 Financial Credit Union and Atlantic Self Storage, to the first 2,000 fans at the Jumbo Shrimp's […]
- Craw promoted to Executive Vice President/General Manager January 8, 2020Fast Forward Sports Group, LLC, led by Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp owner Ken Babby, has promoted Harold Craw from the role of general manager to the club's executive vice president/general manager, the club announced Wednesday.
- Jumbo Shrimp sign fourth annual "Jackson 5" internship class December 6, 2019The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp inked five students from Jacksonville's Andrew Jackson High School as part of the club's "Jackson 5" Sports Management internship program.
- Jumbo Shrimp praise Congressional report to save Minor League Baseball December 4, 2019The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Thursday praised the newly created Save Minor League Baseball Task Force that has been organized by members of Congress to prevent Major League Baseball (MLB) from eliminating 42 minor league franchises, nearly one quarter of all minor league teams around the country.
- Holiday season brings Jumbo Shrimp's 10 Days of Giving December 2, 2019The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp are celebrating the holiday season with 10 Days of Giving, the club's annual two-week promotion that awards experience-based prizes for 2020 home games. This year's rewards include watching fireworks from the field, a custom Jumbo Shrimp jersey, Jumbo Shrimp mascot Scampi delivering lunch, the opportunity to throw a ceremonial first pitch […]
- Fans invited to take free pictures with Santa on Dec. 7 at Very Shrimpy Christmas November 25, 2019The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp are inviting families to kick off the holiday season with the second annual Very Shrimpy Christmas event from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, December 7 at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville.
- Jumbo Shrimp invite fans to journey Into The Shrimpverse November 22, 2019The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp released the cover Friday to the club's custom comic book Into The Shrimpverse. The project focuses on the protagonist and antagonist characters Captain Crustacean and Dr. Cocktail Sauce, respectively.