Affiliation: Los Angeles Angels
Manager: avid Newhan
Home Park: Hank Aaron Stadium
- Ari Rosenbaum, Steve Goldberg honored by Southern League September 9, 2019The Southern League announced Monday that Ari Rosenbaum and Steve Goldberg of the BayBears received 2019 Executive Awards. Rosenbaum earned Outstanding Employee of the Year honors, and Goldberg was named the Radio Broadcaster of the Year.
- Marsh named to Southern League Post-Season All-Star team August 28, 2019BayBears outfielder Brandon Marsh was named to the Southern League Post-Season All-Star team Wednesday. Through 92 games, Marsh has posted a .299 batting average, ranking fourth among qualifiers in the league.
- BayBears shut out Jumbo Shrimp in series opener August 24, 2019The BayBears shut out Jacksonville 1-0 in the series opener Friday night. Zack Kelly retired the first 10 batters of the game and allowed just two hits in a career-high 6 2/3 innings. He issued one walk and recorded eight strikeouts.
- BayBears keep Lookouts quiet in second straight win August 21, 2019The BayBears came three outs away from a shutout in a 5-1 victory over Chattanooga Lookouts Tuesday night. Jesus Castillo retired all nine batters he faced in relief with five strikeouts to earn the win.
- BayBears retire final 12 batters of game to top Lookouts August 20, 2019The BayBears retired 12 consecutive batters to finish the game and defeat Chattanooga 8-3. After a pair of batters reached in the sixth inning, Dario Beltre set down nine hitters with a season-high five strikeouts. Austin Warren pitched a 1-2-3 ninth to end the game.
- Beasley and Mattson promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake August 19, 2019The Angels announced Monday that right-handed pitchers Jeremy Beasley and Isaac Mattson have been promoted from the BayBears to Triple-A Salt Lake. This is the first career Triple-A promotion for both pitchers.
- BayBears salvage series finale against Shuckers August 18, 2019The BayBears broke a tie with a pair of runs in the eighth to defeat Biloxi 4-2 in the series finale Saturday night at MGM Park. Jhoan Urena and Jordan Zimmerman hit back-to-back one-out doubles to grab the lead, and Zimmerman scored on a sacrifice fly.
- Tyler Carpenter promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake August 13, 2019The Angels announced Tuesday that right-handed pitcher Tyler Carpenter was activated from the BayBears 7-day injured list and promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake. Carpenter made his Triple-A debut in a start Tuesday afternoon at Iowa.
- Mahle twirls complete-game shutout against Blue Wahoos August 9, 2019Greg Mahle pitched a complete-game shutout to lead the BayBears to a 6-0 victory over the Blue Wahoos Thursday night. Mahle gave up five hits, did not issue any walks, and struck out five batters on 96 pitches, 71 strikes.
- BayBears win second straight home series opener August 8, 2019The BayBears bounced back from an early deficit to defeat the Blue Wahoos 5-1 and snap a nine-game losing streak Wednesday night. Gareth Morgan hit his first Double-A home run to give the BayBears the lead in the third inning.
- Angels select contract of former BayBear Patrick Sandoval August 5, 2019The Angels announced Monday that they have selected the contract of left-handed pitcher Patrick Sandoval, a former member of the BayBears, from Triple-A Salt Lake. Sandoval is expected to make his Major League debut Monday night against the Reds.
- Highly-rated pitching prospect Oliver Ortega joins BayBears August 4, 2019The Angels announced Sunday that right-handed pitcher Oliver Ortega is joining the BayBears from Inland Empire. Ortega was a California League Mid-Season All-Star and struck out 121 batters with the 66ers. He is the No. 20 prospect in the Angels organization.
- Jo Adell promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake August 1, 2019The Angels announced Thursday that outfielder Jo Adell has been promoted from the BayBears to Triple-A Salt Lake. Adell is the No. 1 prospect in the Angels organization and No. 4 overall prospect in baseball, according to MLB Pipeline.
- Jahmai Jones named Southern League Player of the Week July 29, 2019BayBears infielder Jahmai Jones has been named Southern League Player of the Week for July 22-28. Jones had hits in six of the seven games during the week and multiple hits in four straight games.
- BayBears explode for season-high 13 runs, 18 hits July 28, 2019The BayBears snapped a season-long nine-game losing streak with a 13-4 victory over Mississippi Saturday night. Mobile recorded a season-high 13 runs on 18 hits. After falling behind 3-0 in the first, the BayBears scored 13 of the next 14 runs.
- Angels select contract of former BayBear Jose Rodriguez July 28, 2019The Angels announced Saturday that they have selected the contract of right-handed pitcher Jose Rodriguez, a former member of the BayBears, from Triple-A Salt Lake. Rodriguez has a chance to make his Major League debut on the current seven-game homestand.
- Angels select contract of former BayBear Matt Thaiss July 3, 2019The Angels announced Wednesday that they have selected the contract of Matt Thaiss, a former member of the BayBears, from Triple-A Salt Lake. Thaiss is scheduled to bat seventh and play third base in his Major League debut Wednesday night.
- Three BayBears named Southern League Mid-Season All-Stars June 6, 2019The Southern League announced Thursday the South Division roster for the 2019 Southern League All-Star Game. Outfielder Brandon Marsh, catcher Jack Kruger, and right-handed pitcher Ryan Clark from the BayBears have been named Mid-Season All-Stars.
- Jo Adell returns to BayBears from Inland Empire June 2, 2019The Angels announced Sunday that top prospect Jo Adell is returning to the BayBears from Class A Advanced Inland Empire. Adell played in 17 games with the BayBears last year, but he suffered a pair of injuries in a Spring Training game in March.
- Jose Rodriguez promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake May 18, 2019The Angels announced Saturday that right-handed pitcher Jose Rodriguez has been promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake. Rodriguez made 28 starts with the BayBears over the past two seasons.