Omaha Storm Chasers
Affiliation: Kansas City Royals
Manager: Brian Poldberg
Home Park: Werner Park
- '50 Summers' Digital Release February 21, 2020It's been 16 months since the baseball documentary "50 Summers" premiered at the Dundee Theater. Director Dan Napoli's feature-length project from Hurrdat Films, which explores the first five decades of the Omaha Storm Chasers franchise, saw a second screening at Alamo Drafthouse before being included in a number of film festivals in the United States. […]
- Storm Chasers Announce Theme, Promo and Group Nights February 10, 2020With their home opener now only two months away, the Omaha Storm Chasers are excited to announce their scheduled daily promotions, theme events and group nights for the upcoming 2020 season.
- Storm Chasers 2020 Weekly Promotions February 5, 2020
- Chasers Celebrate Decade of Success January 29, 2020Minus a few years in the 1960s, Omaha has been a Triple-A baseball city since 1955. And over that long period of time, the teams that have called it home have seen their fair share of success on the diamond.
- Single-Game Tickets on Sale Feb. 4 January 28, 2020The Omaha Storm Chasers have announced that single-game tickets for the 2020 season will go on sale Tuesday, Feb. 4, at 10 a.m. Tickets can be purchased by visiting the Werner Park Ticket Office, by calling (402) 738-5100 or by using the new fan-friendly ticket system at www.omahastormchasers.com/tickets.
- NEST, Storm Chasers Announce Annual Writing Sweepstakes January 21, 2020Seventh and eighth-grade students to create essays about "Why I Want to Go to College"
- Storm Chasers' Coaching Staff Announced For 2020 Season January 10, 2020The Kansas City Royals have announced the organization's minor league staff assignments for the upcoming 2020 campaign, with a few familiar faces coming back to Werner Park. Manager Brian Poldberg is set to return to Omaha for his seventh season as skipper, with Hitting Coach Brian Buchanan and Athletic Trainer James Stone returning as well. […]
- Storm Chasers Announce Front Office Staff Promotions, Additions November 25, 2019The Omaha Storm Chasers are excited to announce a number of front office promotions and additions as the organization builds up to the 2020 season, which will be the tenth at Werner Park.
- Chasers in the Community 2019 Review November 15, 2019The Omaha Storm Chasers in conjunction with Chasers Charities and Spectra Food Services and Hospitality donated $571,229.19 to numerous Omaha Metro charities in 2019, with the Storm Chasers aligning with more than 300 different organizations. Storm Chasers front office members also combined for nearly 600 hours of community service in the Omaha Metro this year.
- Gordon, Cain & Greinke Earn Gold Glove Awards November 4, 2019A trio of Omaha alums earned Rawlings Gold Glove Awards, as announced by Major League Baseball on Sunday evening, with outfielders Alex Gordon and Lorenzo Cain, along with right-handed pitcher Zack Greinke, all receiving nods.
- 3 Chasers earn MiLB Org. All-Star Honors November 1, 2019MiLB.com revealed their 2019 Kansas City Royals Organization All-Stars on Friday morning, with a trio of 2019 Storm Chasers players listed in that group. Catcher Nick Dini , in addition to infielder Kelvin Gutierrez and infielder/outfielder Erick Mejia , were all honored for their 2019 seasons.
- Omaha Alums Set to Face Off in World Series October 21, 2019The 2019 World Series will once again have an Omaha flavor, with both the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals boasting two former Omaha players on their roster and/or coaching staffs. Astros skipper A.J. Hinch (2000) will look to win his second title in a span of three years, while Houston right-hander Zack Greinke, along with […]
- 3 Chasers Players Named to USA Baseball's Premier12 Roster October 10, 2019USA Baseball on Thursday announced their 28-man roster for the Premier12 tournament, with three former Storm Chasers players listed along with another local connection from Roncalli Catholic High School. Pitchers Brian F lynn (2015-17, 19) and Brooks Pounders (2016), along with catcher Erik Kratz (2015), are set to team up with Roncalli Catholic High School […]
- 13 Omaha Alums Chasing World Series Ring October 1, 2019As Major League Baseball's postseason starts up on Tuesday with the National League Wild Card Game, 13 different members of those squads played or coached with the Omaha Storm Chasers franchise at some point in their careers and will look to earn a World Series ring. An Omaha alum has also won the World Series […]
- Mejia, Machado Earn Omaha Player & Pitcher of the Year Honors September 25, 2019The Kansas City Royals announced on Wednesday that infielder Erick Mejia and right-handed pitcher Andres Machado are the recipients of the organization's Omaha Player and Pitcher of the Year Awards, respectively. The two will be honored along with the winners from each of the Royals' seven other minor league affiliates at Kauffman Stadium on Friday, […]
- '50 Summers' Selected for 14th Annual Baseball Film Festival at Baseball Hall of Fame September 17, 201950 Summers - A Documentary About Minor League Baseball, featuring the Omaha Storm Chasers, has been selected for participation in the Fourteenth Annual Baseball Film Festival on September 21 at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, New York. The documentary is produced by Hurrdat Films.
- Chasers, USL Omaha Add Querry As Chief Revenue Officer September 6, 2019The Omaha Storm Chasers and USL Omaha have announced the addition of Ryan Querry as Chief Revenue Officer. Querry, a graduate of nearby Papillion-La Vista High School, boasts more than 15 years of experience in sales execution and management.
- Chasers Shut Out Express 6-0 In 2019 Finale September 2, 2019Omaha second baseman Jimmy Govern and shortstop Taylor Featherston combined for five hits, including back-to-back home runs, and drove in four runs, while five Storm Chasers pitches combined for a four-hit shutout in a 6-0 victory in their 2019 season finale on Monday afternoon at Werner Park.
- Express Topple Chasers 5-3 September 2, 2019Storm Chasers designated hitter Jimmy Govern crushed his first career Triple-A home run and drove in two runs, while Express first baseman Taylor Jones drove in three runs in Round Rock's 5-3 win over Omaha in front of 6,853 fans on Sunday night at Werner Park.
- Express Slip Past Chasers 10-9 August 31, 2019Omaha overcame a five-run deficit with a seven-run seventh inning capped by a two-run double by 3B Jimmy Govern, however Round Rock catcher Lorenzo Quintana collected four hits, including the go-ahead run-scoring single in the eighth, in the Express' wild 10-9 win over the Storm Chasers on Saturday afternoon at Werner Park.