San Antonio Missions
Affiliation: Milwaukee Brewers
Manager: Fred Dabney
Home Park: Wolff Stadium
- Missions and iHeartMedia Announce 93.3 The Bull as New Flagship Station February 25, 2020The San Antonio Missions in conjunction with iHeartMedia announced today that 92.5 and 93.3 The Bull (KRPT-FM) will serve as the ball club's new flagship radio station for the 2020-22 seasons.
- Unveiling a bygone era of Missions history February 24, 2020The family of the late Dan Morales knew that he once compiled a scrapbook containing hundreds of articles on San Antonio's baseball franchise. They didn't know until recently that he also was honored by the team in the 1960s for attending 1,000 games.
- Declaring a National Puffy Taco Day February 12, 2020With the Missions' second season in the Pacific Coast League fast approaching, the ball club has announced a plan to spotlight a culinary tradition in the Alamo City. For three days in May, the team also will highlight its own Puffy Taco mascot and his long history of entertaining the fans.
- San Antonio Missions to Transform Into Puffy Tacos for Three Games in May February 11, 2020The San Antonio Missions announced today the ball club will pay homage to a staple of the Alamo City's cuisine and morph into the San Antonio Puffy Tacos for three games from May 22-24 against the Iowa Cubs.
- Alamo Irish Classic Returns to Wolff Stadium February 6, 2020Wolff Stadium will once again host the Alamo Irish Classic. The four-day, round-robin style tournament will run from Thursday, February 20 through Sunday, February 23. The tournament's namesake, Notre Dame University, will be joined by the University of Texas at San Antonio, the UIW, and the University of Toledo.
- Elmore Sports Group, Bowie State University Form Partnership to Promote Diversity in Minor League Baseball February 5, 2020The Elmore Sports Group, owners of the San Antonio Missions, have partnered with Bowie State University to diversify the front office staffs of its teams. The partnership is the first of its kind for Maryland's oldest historically black university and is designed to create a college-to-career pipeline for students with an interest in a career […]
- Missions to Host Second Job Fair on Saturday, March 7 February 4, 2020The San Antonio Missions and their catering service, Diamond Creations, will host a second job fair on Saturday, March 7 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Nelson Wolff Stadium.
- Returning for a Poignant Homecoming January 31, 2020John Jay High School graduate Lanning Tucker overcame modest financial means to earn a college degree, establishing the foundation for a long career as an athletic trainer in professional baseball.
- Feeling "the Drive and the Fire" January 24, 2020With spring training set to start in a little more than two weeks, Rick Sweet is feeling the anticipation. Sweet is preparing for his 31st season as a minor league manager, including his seventh with the Milwaukee Brewers and his second with the Missions in the Triple-A Pacific Coast League.
- San Antonio Missions Announce 2020 Field Staff January 22, 2020The San Antonio Missions in conjunction with the Milwaukee Brewers announced today their field staff for the 2020 season. Rick Sweet returns for his second season as the Missions manager. He will be joined on staff by Hitting Coach Al LeBoeuf, Pitching Coach Jim Henderson, Coach Ned Yost IV, Athletic Trainer Lanning Tucker, and Strength […]
- San Antonio Missions Announce 2020 Schedule October 3, 2019The San Antonio Missions Baseball Club announced its schedule for the 2020 season today. 2020 will be San Antonio's second season as a member of the Pacific Coast League and the Triple-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers. For the first time since 2016 the Missions will open up their season at Nelson Wolff Municipal Stadium. […]
- Former Missions Outfielder Trent Grisham Named Milwaukee Brewers Minor League Player of the Year September 17, 2019The Milwaukee Brewers announced today the winners of 2019 Robin Yount Performance Awards, which are given annually to the organization's top performers in the minor leagues. Former San Antonio Missions outfielder, Trent Grisham, was tabbed as the Player of the Year.
- 2019 Season Review September 11, 20192019 was a season of change for the San Antonio Missions Baseball Club as they ventured into the uncharted waters of Triple-A Baseball as an affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers. The Missions had a historic season in their inaugural year in the Pacific Coast League.
- Sorting out bittersweet memories September 6, 2019The Missions announced their arrival in the Pacific Coast League with a run to the top of the standings through the end of July. But after a few significant roster changes on -- and after -- the trade deadline, they fell short of the playoffs.
- Missions Catcher David Freitas Wins Pacific Coast League Batting Title September 3, 2019In San Antonio's inaugural season in Triple-A Baseball's Pacific Coast League, Missions catcher David Freitas has been tabbed as the league batting champion. Freitas hit .381 (125-for-328) in 85 games with Tacoma and San Antonio.
- Sounds Sink Missions September 2, 2019NASHVILLE--The Sounds scored four times in the fourth inning against Bubba Derby and cruised to a 7-3 win at First Tennessee Park in the penultimate game of the season.
- Missions Slug Sounds September 1, 2019NASHVILLE--The Missions clubbed three homeruns to help propel them to a 9-5 win over the Nashville Sounds on Saturday night at First Tennessee Park.
- Missions Eliminated From Playoff Contention August 31, 2019The Missions rallied from an early 4-0 deficit to briefly tie Friday's affair at First Tennessee Park, but a solo homerun by Patrick Wisdom in the eighth inning provided the Sounds with a 6-5 win, which officially eliminated San Antonio from the American Southern Division pennant race.
- Facing elimination from the race August 30, 2019The Round Rock Express moved closer to the PCL's American Southern Division championship by handing the Missions a 6-1 loss Thursday night at Dell Diamond.
- Missions on Verge of Elimination After Loss to Round Rock August 30, 2019ROUND ROCK--The Express rode an outstanding start by Brandon Bielak to a 6-1 win over the Missions on Thursday night at Dell Diamond to claim three of four in the series. The loss virtually eliminates San Antonio from the division race as they head to Nashville for a season-ending four game series.