Affiliation: New York Mets
Manager: Tony DeFrancesco
Home Park: NBT Bank Stadium
Latest Syracuse Mets News
- Syracuse Mets Welcome Community to NBT Bank Stadium for Open House on March 7th February 18, 2020Opening Day for the 2020 baseball season is less than two months away, and the Syracuse Mets invite the community to NBT Bank Stadium for their 7th annual Open House on Saturday, March 7th, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. The Open House is free and open to the public.
- Syracuse Mets Name Chad Kreuter Manager for 2020 Season February 8, 2020The Syracuse Mets have announced that Chad Kreuter will be the team's manager during the 2020 season. Kreuter spent the last three seasons as manager for the St. Lucie Mets, the Advanced-A affiliate of the New York Mets. Kreuter takes over in Syracuse for Brian Schneider after Schneider was named the Quality Control Coach for […]
- New York Mets name Brian Schneider Quality Control Coach February 7, 2020The New York Mets announced today that the club has named Brian Schneider to the role of quality control coach. Schneider will serve on the club's major league field staff as a conduit between the front office, coaching staff and players on issues including game preparation, strategy and analytics. Additionally, Schneider will oversee catching instruction.
- Syracuse Mets Announce Coaching Staff for 2020 Season January 14, 2020The Syracuse Mets are announcing the team's coaching staff for the 2020 season. The Mets previously revealed that Brian Schneider will begin his first season as Syracuse Mets manager in 2020. Pitching coach D.J. Carrasco and bench coach Rich Donnelly are also coming to Syracuse this season for the first time, while hitting coach Joel […]
- Syracuse Mets Announce Brian Schneider as Manager for 2020 Season January 3, 2020The Syracuse Mets are excited to reveal that former New York Mets catcher Brian Schneider will lead the Syracuse Mets as the team's manager for the 2020 season. Schneider replaces last season's Syracuse Mets Manager Tony DeFrancesco. DeFrancesco managed Syracuse for one season before being named the first-base coach for the New York Mets.
- Syracuse Mets Proclaim Themselves the 26th Thing That Makes Syracuse Great December 26, 2019The Syracuse Mets have enjoyed reading Syracuse.com's wonderful commentary on the 25 Things that Make Syracuse Great series. While the Syracuse Mets were briefly mentioned in the "So Much to Do" edition, the good people of Syracuse.com must have mistakenly overlooked the Syracuse Mets as a standalone element of our community that helps make Syracuse […]
- Syracuse Mets end season with heartbreaking 14-13 loss to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders in one-game playoff September 3, 2019The 2019 Syracuse Mets season came to an end on Tuesday afternoon with a 14-13 loss to the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders at PNC Park in the one-game playoff to determine the International League North Division champion. Syracuse had leads of 6-0, 7-1, and 13-6, but an eight-run bottom of the eighth inning for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre proved to […]
- Mets beat Red Wings, 8-4, to force one-game playoff for North Division title September 2, 2019The Syracuse Mets extended their season with an 8-4 victory against the Rochester Red Wings on Monday afternoon at Frontier Field. Syracuse now plays the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders in a one-game playoff on Tuesday afternoon to determine the International League North Division champion because both teams finished the season with a 75-65 record.
- Syracuse keeps playoff hope alive with 7-3 win against Rochester September 2, 2019The Syracuse Mets guaranteed that the final day of the 2019 regular season will count with a 7-3 victory over the Rochester Red Wings on Sunday night at Frontier Field. With the win, the Mets are still alive in the playoff hunt, sitting one game behind the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders for first place in the International […]
- Mets lose to Red Wings, 5-3, on Saturday night September 1, 2019The Syracuse Mets lost to the Rochester Red Wings, 5-3, on Saturday night at Frontier Field. Danny Espinosa had two hits, including a home run, for the Mets in the game.
- Mets drop series opener to Red Wings, 6-1 August 31, 2019The Syracuse Mets lost to the Rochester Red Wings, 6-1, on Friday night at Frontier Field. Jason Krizan had two hits and a walk in the game for the Mets.
- Mets win regular season home finale and regain share of first place August 30, 2019The Syracuse Mets won their final regular season home game of the season with a 2-0 victory over the Lehigh Valley IronPigs on Thursday night in front of an electric crowd of 8,997 at NBT Bank Stadium. With the win, Syracuse finishes the regular season with a 42-28 record at NBT Bank Stadium this year. […]
- Mets blast IronPigs, 8-3, on Wednesday night August 29, 2019The Syracuse Mets scored early and often en route to an 8-3 win on Wednesday night over the Lehigh Valley IronPigs at NBT Bank Stadium. The Mets are now a half-game back of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders for first place in the International League North division.
- Mets fall to IronPigs, 5-3, on Tuesday night August 28, 2019The Syracuse Mets fell, 5-3, to the Lehigh Valley IronPigs Tuesday night at NBT Bank Stadium. It's only the Mets second loss in their last 14 games.
- Mets sweep doubleheader against IronPigs to claim share of first place August 27, 2019The Syracuse Mets moved into a share of first place in the International League North Division Monday night with a doubleheader sweep of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs at NBT Bank Stadium. Syracuse won the first game, 8-2, and the second game, 3-1. The Mets have now won 12 of their last 13 games.
- Salt Potatoes plate 11 runs in 11-3 victory over Plates on Sunday afternoon August 25, 2019The Syracuse Salt Potatoes used an offensive explosion to top the Rochester Plates, 11-3, and win the battle of the golden fork at NBT Bank Stadium on Sunday afternoon. With the Syracuse win and a Scranton/Wilkes-Barre loss on Sunday, Syracuse is now just a half game out of first place in the International League North […]
- Salt Potatoes win streak ends at nine after 6-2 loss to Red Wings August 25, 2019The Rochester Red Wings ended the Syracuse Salt Potatoes' nine-game winning streak Saturday night with a 6-2 victory at NBT Bank Stadium. Syracuse remains a game and a half back of Scranton/Wilkes-Barre for first place in the International League North division after both teams lost on Saturday.
- Syracuse winning streak moves to nine games with 5-1 victory over Rochester August 24, 2019The Syracuse Salt Potatoes picked up their ninth straight victory with a 5-1 win over the Rochester Red Wings on Friday night in front of an electric crowd of 8,316 fans at NBT Bank Stadium. Syracuse starting pitcher Harol Gonzalez tossed seven innings of one-run baseball, and catcher Ali Sanchez went 3-for-3 with two doubles, […]
- Mets and IronPigs suspended on Thursday night August 23, 2019Thursday night's game between the Syracuse Mets and the Lehigh Valley IronPigs was suspended because of rain. Syracuse had a 1-0 lead when the game was stopped. The game will be finished as part of a doubleheader when the Mets host the IronPigs during a four-game series from August 26th to August 29th. The exact […]
- Mets pitching leads team to eighth straight win with 2-1 victory over IronPigs August 22, 2019The Syracuse Mets' pitching staff didn't allow an earned run en route to a 2-1 victory over the Lehigh Valley IronPigs on Wednesday night at Coca-Cola Park. The win extends Syracuse's winning streak to a season-long eight straight games.